Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tornadic Lust

I found myself lying in the hammock. Wind whipping and whirling around
me. I willed a tornado to come and get me. To take me away from the
sorrow and solitude.

"Maybe it will take me far away", I thought. I would like that.

But no, I would not land in Oz. Only a few miles away, broken and
tattered if not dead. Maybe that would be better than nothing. Maybe
not.

As the sun slipped behind the clouds, the weather seemed to grow
restless. Maybe it really was a tornado. I thought about it, if only
for a few seconds. I really didn't care. I closed my eyes again and
let the wind give me everything it had.

Of course, the winds died down. Still whipping but without the
ferocity of before. It grew colder without the sun's rays beaming down
on my vulnerable flesh.

I realized how much the weather seemed to reflect the events going on
in my life at the time. The sun leaving me cold and wanting more.
Hiding behind the clouds of separation.

I realized that without the sun, I am nothing. And without me, the sun
will remain everything.

I am alone.

1 comment:

  1. "I realized that without the sun, I am nothing. And without me, the sun will remain everything."

    I adore that line.
    But without you there to acknowledge the sun, the sun could never be. It couldn't exist without you seeing it, needing it, wanting it.

    Even with all the other gazers upon the sun's golden rays, a world would die without you in it.

    You can be one, and living. But it takes two to be truly alive.

    ReplyDelete