Friday, January 11, 2008

I thought Global Warming was supposed to make it warm?

Ever since I was a young child, I thought an especially hot summer would mean an especially cold winter. Of course everyone thought I was insane to think that. It went against all logical reasoning.

Then, more recently, global warming became a big issue. More and more people began accepting it as fact and realized that we need to start undoing the horrible mess we have created. They said the earth was going to gradually get hotter and hotter because our Earth's "sunscreen" was being deteriorated by emissions from our cars and factories.

In spite of this I still thought our winters were going to get colder. Really, up to this year, the winters in my city have remained mild and snow free. Just to underline my crazy childhood ideas, Baghdad got snow this morning. Yes, Baghdad. The Middle East. And I am pretty sure it gets kind of hot over there.

Anyway, I thought that it was interesting that my childhood predictions* seem to be coming true this year.

*Note: I in no way believe that I really predicted this, I just happen to find it interesting that my crazy ideas are happening. Just shows us that we have created an unpredictable world.

No comments:

Post a Comment